Does Mr Whippy need to be registered?

Yes, he does !

Ice cream van operators need to register as a food business with the local authority.  This does not cost any money as there is no fee.  If you are operating an ice cream van you should register at the address where you are operating from – your garage or office location, even if you are selling ice cream elsewhere.

By the way did you know that it is against the law to play ice cream van chimes before 12.00 noon or after 7.00 pm ? Don’t laugh at this bit of information – it could make you rich one day, especially if the question comes up on the last round of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”

Here is the legal stuff : Under section 62 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974 this could result in legal action being taken against the operator.

So all you fans of the Teddy Bears’ Picnic had better be careful !

Comments are closed.