Archive for March, 2009

How to get a personal licence to sell alcohol

Friday, March 27th, 2009

If you want to sell alcohol from a pub, off-licence, restaurant, supermarket, bar or shop you will need to get a Personal Licence from your local council.  This should be the local council where you live NOT where you work.


What are Functional Skills ?

Friday, March 27th, 2009

Functional Skills used to be called Basic Skills, they are the everyday literacy, numeracy and IT skills needed to get by in modern life.


CIEH Professional Trainer Certificate vs Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector

Thursday, March 26th, 2009

With all these different teacher training courses on offer we have decided to do a comparison of the two most popular ones on the market.


West Midlands here comes PTLLS

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009

We are now offering PTLLS courses in Birmingham right next to Acocks Green railway station.  Our teacher training team is looking forward to offering PTLLS and also the 1886 Conflict Management Trainers qualification at the Birmingham site.

With train travel from Birmingham to London up to £132 (yes £132 !!! you can get to Malaga and back for less than that) this will surely be a saving for our West Midlands based candidates.

Does Mr Whippy need to be registered?

Tuesday, March 24th, 2009

Yes, he does !

Ice cream van operators need to register as a food business with the local authority.  This does not cost any money as there is no fee.  If you are operating an ice cream van you should register at the address where you are operating from – your garage or office location, even if you are selling ice cream elsewhere.