I want to open a bar.

To open a bar or to run a pub you will need two types of licences :

1. Personal Licence – allowing you to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol. To get this you will need to qualify by attending the NCPLH (National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders) course and then applying to the local authority where you live.

2. Premises Licence – allowing you to use the premises for the sale of alcohol by retail. You need to apply to the local authority where the premises is located.

Both involve paying money to the local authority (no suprises there then !) although the Personal Licence is by far the cheaper of the two.

Cheers !


More info here.

Comments are closed.