Level 4 IQA Award Breakdown
This IQA award course consists of one unit covering the theoretical knowledge and background to Internal Quality Assurance.
This online IQA course involves a range of topics to teach you the theory and knowledge needed to gain your IQA award.
On this course, the team at Carlton Training will help you build the confidence to get started in an Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) role in your workplace.
On your journey to earn this Level 4 IQA award, you will learn how to:
- Plan and monitor activities
- Decide whether assessment methods are safe, fair, valid, and reliable
- Standardise assessments and support assessors
This single-unit course will cover the theory you need to carry out any internal quality assurance process or task effectively.
Within this IQA award course, we also cover a range of topics to enable you to go on and develop your practical IQA skills in the future.
By successfully completing this course, you will gain the Level 4 IQA Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF).
This is a nationally recognised IQA award and awarded by City & Guilds.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what an internal quality assurance plan contains
- Analyse different techniques for sampling evidence of assessments
- Understand standardisation requirements
- Explain procedures surrounding the quality of assessment disputes
- Understand best practice requirements for internal quality assurance
While there are no formal entry requirements for this IQA award, we recommend having experience or qualifications in your chosen subject area.
What is an IQA award?
An IQA award is also known as an IQA qualification. There are three IQA awards for anyone involved (or hoping to get involved) in an Internal Quality Assurance role at their workplace.
This Level 4 IQA award is theory-only and covers one unit. It is aimed at individuals looking to understand more about internal quality assurance rather than wanting to practice IQA within their role. It is classed as an introductory IQA award.
If you are looking for a comprehensive IQA qualification that covers all three united of competence of IQA training, we recommend you take our lead IQA course.
Who is this IQA award for?
This IQA award is ideal if you want to get an introduction to Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) without participating in any practical work.
This course is suitable for all sectors where the assessment of both accredited learning and non-accredited learning is taking place.
How is the course assessed?
You’ll be allocated a named tutor from our team, who will be your guide and support for that personal touch.
They will be your assessor – so there’s no need to find your own qualified assessor or witness.
Before you start, you will be invited to have a one-to-one talk with your tutor to set you off on the right track.
The course is a single, theory-based unit. For this, you’ll need to answer a series of straightforward questions on our portal, which has video lessons and guides to support your learning.
You’ll be supported throughout by your tutor, who will provide guidance and feedback to help you.
You will be continually assessed on the theory covered in the course and we will guide you through what is needed to qualify.
This could include:
- Written answers – our online video and written guides on how to answer the theory assignments will help you to do this. Our online portal will help you submit your answers easily.
- Oral statements or answers – when your tutor asks you verbal questions to answer.
- Professional Discussions – between you and the tutor.