Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment Course Overview
The Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (UPPA) course consists of one unit covering both the theoretical knowledge and background of assessing.
The course involves a range of topics to teach you the theory and knowledge needed to gain your certification. We will help you build the confidence to get started with assessing.
The Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment course includes how to:
- Plan candidate assessments
- Choose assessment methods that are safe, fair, valid and reliable
- Document assessments and support candidates
This unit will cover the theory you need to effectively carry out any assessment process or task. We will also cover a range of topics to enable you to go on and develop your practical assessor skills in the future.
UPPA Course Outcomes
By successfully completing this course, you will gain your Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (RQF)
This Level 3 qualification will give you the ability to:
- Explain what an assessment plan contains
- Analyse different techniques for assessing candidates
- Understand assessment requirements
- Explain procedures surrounding the quality of assessment
- Understand best practice requirements for assessment
UPPA Course Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but it is recommended that you have experience or qualifications in your chosen subject area.
Who is this course for?
The Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment course is ideal if you want to get an introduction to assessing without the need to undertake any practical work. This course is suitable for all sectors where the assessment of both accredited learning and non-accredited learning is taking place.
If you want to take a course with practical elements, we recommend taking the CAVA course.
If you’re unsure about what course you need to take to become an assessor, our blog post on qualifications for trainers and assessors is what you need!
How is this course assessed?
You will be continually assessed on the theory covered in the course by one of our team of experts, who will guide you through what is needed to qualify.
This could include:
- Written answers – Our online video and written guides on how to answer the theory assignments will help you to do this. Our online portal will help you submit your answers easily.
- Oral statements or answers between you and your tutor.
- Professional discussions between you and your tutor.