Level 4 EQA Course Details
This course consists of two units covering theoretical knowledge and the practical work needed to be an EQA.
Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of externally assuring the quality of assessment
This two-unit award will cover the theory you need to effectively carry out any external quality assurance process or task. We will also cover a range of topics to help you in the practical work of an EQA that you might be faced with when working with an Awarding Organisation.
Unit 2: Externally assure the quality of assessment
This unit will take you through a range of practical skills that can be applied in the external quality assurance process. You will be required to plan and undertake external quality assurance. To successfully complete this unit, your tutor will guide you through the necessary requirements for assessment.
This External Quality Assurance course will cover:
- Planning and monitoring activities
- Carrying out external monitoring activities
- Determining whether internal quality assurance methods are safe, fair, valid and reliable
- Providing centres, IQAs, tutors and assessors with feedback, advice and support.
EQA Course Outcomes
By successfully completing this external quality assurance training course, you will gain the Level 4 EQA Award in External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF).
To earn this award you will need to display the knowledge and practical skills needed to conduct external quality assurance.
On completion of this EQA course, you will be able to:
- Explain what an external quality assurance plan contains
- Evaluate different techniques for applying quality assurance
- Explain standardisation requirements
- Explain procedures surrounding the quality of assessment disputes
- Understand best practice requirements for external quality assurance
- Support reflective practice and continuing professional development (CPD)
EQA Course Requirements
While there are no formal entry requirements for the external quality assurance training, we recommend that you have experience or qualifications in your chosen subject area.
For the practical part of the course, you will need to have access to at least two training centres – these could be dedicated training centres, workplaces carrying out in-house training, voluntary organisations or schools and colleges.
Who is the course for?
This course is perfect if you currently work as, or want to start working as, a qualified external verifier or external quality assurer. This course is open to all sectors where the quality assurance of both accredited learning and non-accredited learning is taking place.
If you already work as an IQA, you may not need to take the full EQA course. You can top up your existing units with our theory based EQA qualification.
How is this course assessed?
There are two ways in which you will be assessed on this course:
- The theory section is assessed via some straightforward written questions, which you can complete in your own time.
- For the practical section you will plan and carry out EQA activities with at least two training centres. Your tutor will guide you through this.
There is no exam involved.