Throughout this course, you will be required to reflect on and evaluate your current teaching methods. You will learn how to expand your current skills by adapting to new techniques covered within the course outline. We will teach you how to:
- develop and improve your teaching/training
- increase your professionalism within the teaching/training you do
- learn new teaching theories and put them into practice
- reflect on your own skill and development
- put into practice up to date teaching techniques
We will cover the current methods of teaching with the option to complete one optional unit to finalise your work and gain the qualification. The course content will include:
- Delivering lifelong learning
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of your learners
Using resources for education and training
- Using resources for education and training
You will also have a choice of the following optional units to complete in order to qualify. You can choose from a variety of units to best suit your role and interests, these include:
- Unit 423 Teaching in a specialist area
- Unit 414 Effective partnership working in the teaching and learning context
- Unit 417 Inclusive practice
Successfully finishing this course will result in you being awarded the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. You will be confident in your ability to demonstrate your teaching abilities in a classroom setting. By completing the course, you will be able to:
- Integrate the theory and practice of teaching
- Reflect on previous and/or current experiences, practices, skills and areas for development
- Identify the principles of learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop an awareness of your professional role and responsibilities
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training will allow you to progress on to achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. By gaining the Level 5 qualification, you will have the option to move forward and gain a fully qualified teacher status (QTLS).
Who is the course for?
Our Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is ideal if you are currently teaching or training adults. Whether you teach in the workplace, as a professional educator at a training centre, college or as a volunteer in the community, our course is perfect for perfecting your teaching skills.
Course entry requirements
To qualify for this course, you are required to have students of your own to whom you can teach for a total of 30 hours as part of the assessment process. You must be qualified or have experience in your chosen subject area. Along with this, you are required to have sufficient reading and writing skills to complete the assignments.
How is the course assessed?
All components of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training are assessed. You will be required to complete various assessments, covering both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. You will be assessed by one of our tutors who will check your work and provide advice, support and guidance to help you achieve your certification.
There is no formal exam, however, you will be monitored by your assessor whilst you complete you teach your own candidates for a minimum of 3 hours. We will arrange this with you on a one to one basis.