Our Assessing Competence in the Work Environment course requires you to complete two units. These units will teach you a range of theory and practical skills for confidently assessing competence in the workplace. We will cover everything needed for you to plan, develop and carry out assessments.
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
This part of the course will teach you the important knowledge needed for effective planning, conducting and development of assessments. This Unit will give you the theory needed to allow you to progress to the more practical Unit two.
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
This unit will teach you the practical requirements needed to prepare and carry out workplace assessments. We will outline modern, flexible and well-proven methods of workplace assessment. This includes using observations, examining work products, opening discussions and questioning.
In this unit you will conduct assessments in your workplace setting. You will be required to monitor how people carry out tasks at work and how workplace or NVQ candidates can complete duties at work.
Upon successful completion of the assessing competence in the work environment course, you will receive the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (RQF). This qualification will enable you to carry out independent assessments in the workplace. You will also build the confidence to plan, deliver and evaluate workplace assessments.
This qualification will also enable you to apply for alternative jobs or seek promotions that specifically request an assessor qualification.
Our assessing competence in the workplace training course is part of a full suite of qualifications for trainers, assessors and quality assurance personnel. Following the completion of the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (RQF) you can go on to achieve:
Who is the course for?
This course is perfect if your job requires to carry out assessments in the workplace. The assessing competence in the work environment course is also perfect if you simply want to update your current workplace assessment skills.
We recommend the course to anyone who:
- Wants to get started assessing in education and training
- Currently assesses people in the work environment and needs a nationally recognised assessor qualification
- Works in education and training or teaching and want to develop your assessment skills
- Needs an assessment qualification to add to your CV or resumé
- Wants promotion to a job which involves assessment in the work environment
- Carries out assessments in the workplace and would like to update your skills
- Already works in Internal Quality Assurance or External Quality Assurance and want a valid, modern assessing qualification
- Completes work involving the assessment of people, even if this is not for a recognised course/s.
- Already has the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) and wants to build on your existing assessing skills
- Works in training or education and would like to increase your professional status in this field.
- Already has an older assessing qualification such as A1 or D32 Awards and want to update to a modern alternative
Course Entry Requirements
While there are no formal entry requirements, we recommend that you hold qualifications or experience in your chosen subject field. You will also be required to carry out assessments in your workplace after the course as part of the qualification requirements. This could be in your own workplace, a voluntary group or a community setting.
How will this course be assessed?
Each unit of our assessing competence in the work environment course has specific learning outcomes and assessment criteria. To pass the course, you must meet the required outcomes and be able to show an understanding of the principles of assessment, as well as the skills to carry out assessments. You must also be able to show that you know how to develop and improve systems at your training centre or workplace. We will help to guide and support you every step of the way.