This course consists of two units covering both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. This online course covers a range of topics to teach you the theory and practical skills needed to gain your certification. We will help you build the confidence to plan and carry out internal quality assurance in your workplace.
The two units of the Internal Quality Assurance course will cover:
- Planning and monitoring activities
- Carrying out internal monitoring activities
- Determining whether assessment methods are safe, fair, valid and reliable
- Providing assessors with feedback, advice and support
- Standardising assessments with assessors
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
The first unit will cover the theory you need to effectively carry out any internal quality assurance process or task. We will also cover a range of topics to help you in the practical part of this course.
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
This unit will take you through a range of practical skills that can be applied in the internal quality assurance process. You will be required to plan and take part in internal quality assurance processes. To successfully complete this unit, your tutor will guide you through the necessary requirements for assessment.
By successfully completing the internal quality assurance training course, you will gain the Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF). By earning this award you will need to display confidence and ability to conduct quality assurance in the workplace.
The internal quality assurance training course will give you the ability to:
- Explain what an internal quality assurance plan contains
- Evaluate different techniques for sampling evidence of assessments
- Explain standardisation requirements
- Explain procedures surrounding the quality of assessment disputes
- Understand best practice requirements for internal quality assurance
- Reflective practice and continuing professional development (CPD) with internal quality assurance
While there are no formal entry requirements for the internal quality assurance training, we recommend that you have experience or qualifications in your chosen subject area.
For the practical part of the course, you will need to have access to assessors (they don’t have to be qualified assessors, just people carrying out assessments) – this could be at your workplace, voluntary organisation or in a community setting.
Who is the course for?
The internal quality assurance training course is perfect if you currently work as or want to start working as a qualified internal verifier or internal quality assurer. We open this course to all sectors where the assessment of accredited learning and non-accredited learning is taking place.
How is this course assessed?
You will be continually assessed on the theory and skills taught throughout the course. In the second unit, you will apply practical quality assurance techniques in the workplace.